Welcome to our blog! Because we have friends and family all over the world (and we're bad at sending letters) we hope this will keep everyone updated on our lives. Enjoy!

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Summer 2008


It's been quite a while since I've updated the blog. We've been pretty busy this summer, with travel, planning for Samuel and changing jobs. So, this will mostly be an update with pictures (since, I know most of you check this blog for pics of Shahra anyway :) But, here are a few updates about the summer:






Travels: Shahra and Tracy went to Maine in late July for cousin Marie's wedding where Shahra was the flower girl. She had a wonderful time and did well traveling. We spent a week in MN visiting family and friends in Aug.












Work: Tracy completed her year long contract at hospice on Aug. 15. I so enjoyed my time and have made some very good friends with some of the hospice staff. It was so incredibly difficult to leave, but after working in Indy and Muncie for 8 months, it was time. My work with hospice was the most fulfilling and rewarding experience I have had--we'll have to see where this passion leads to in the future. The summer also gave me a chance to explore the impact of medical ethics and patient rights in the healthcare industry. This knowledge has certainly enhanced my ministry already and I look forward to seeing how it impacts me in the future.

New Job: Tracy started full time at HTLC and is getting settled in. I'm sharing ministry duties with the senior pastor and doing a lot of work on the education programs at the church. We are also working to have a more sophisticated web presence and share our ministries with the community.

Jeff's Job: Jeff is back teaching at Ball State this fall and is enjoying his freshman. It's always amazing to watch new students every fall--we get older and they're still 18!!!

That's a very short list of our summer activities. Now, for the pics.












No comments: